Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Downtown Akron Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area05.09.2020A collaboration with the City of Akron and Akron Downtown Partnership.Read More >
- Akron City Council to meet via videoconference on Monday, April 6th at 7:00 PM04.02.2020Last month, Akron City Council took steps to protect the health and safety of Council members and the public by suspending all regularly scheduled in-person City Council meetings and moving all future meetings to a virtual format, throughout the duration of the State of Ohio Stay at Home Order. Today, Akron City Council is announcing its first virtual meeting, which will take place April 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM.Read More >
- Akron City Council Holds Last Meeting for 2019, Swearing in New Members11.07.2019New Members Will be Sworn in and Officers will be ElectedRead More >
NOTICE: Special meetings of Council Scheduled via videoconference
In accordance with Sub HB 197 and Resolution 95-2020, Council will hold Special Meetings via video conference until further notice. There will be no physical access for members of the public or press. Real-time access to the meeting will be provided through a livestream of the videoconference on YouTube which can be accessed through our website. Members of the public wishing to submit public comment to Council may do so by submitting their comments to email address: email@example.com.
In-person Customer Service is temporarily suspended due to the State of Emergency related to the COVID-19 pandemic. These temporary measures are intended to enhance the City’s safety protocols in effort to protect the health of employees and the public.
Please call our office at 330-375-2256 if you need assistance.
Please visit THE Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
NOTICE: Akron city council to suspend public attendance at council meetings in the interest of public safety.
Read the full notice here: COVID-19 Pandemic Notice
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:00-4:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference in accordance with Sub. HB 197 and Resolution 95-2020. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCommittee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference in accordance with Sub. HB 197 and Resolution 95-2020. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerSpecial City Council Videoconference Meeting
- Time: Monday, 7:00-8:00 PMLocation: Video ConferencePublic Hearings
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.