Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- 2021 Traffic Regulations03.09.2021For more information on Traffic Regulations, please refer to Title 7 "Traffic Code", Chapter 70 "General Provisions" of the Akron Municipal Code. https://library.municode.com/oh/akron/codes/code_of_ordinances More information about the Traffic Engineering Division can be found here: https://www.akronohio.gov/cms/engineering/traffic/index.htmlRead More >
- Akron City Council's Public Comment Voicemail01.28.2021Public Comment VoicemailRead More >
- 2021 Public Hearing Notices12.22.20202021 Public HearingsRead More >
COUNCIL MEETINGS will be conducted remotely UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. There will be no physical access to the meetings. The council meetings may be accessed via livestream, available on this website.
Please visit THE Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
To ensure open access and opportunity for public engagement, Akron City Council has established a voicemail line where members of the public wishing to participate in the public comment period may leave a voice recording. The voicemail is accessible by dialing 330-375-2566. In accordance with longstanding Council Rules, speakers are provided three minutes to address Council. Speakers need to state their name and address. Remarks should be kept respectful and germane to Council business. Any remarks containing profanity or breaching decorum will not be transmitted during the public comment period. The previous public comment email will be retired effective February 8, 2021.
The City of Akron is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in public programs, services, and activities. Anyone who is in need of an accommodation from any City department is invited to contact Donald Rice, Director of Human Resources, 166 South High Street, Municipal Building, Suite 103, Akron, Ohio 44308, (voice) 330-375-2780 as soon as possible. If you require TDD phone service call Ohio Relay at 800-750-0750 and they will assist in contacting the Department of Human Resources at (330) 375-2780.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Thursday, 6:00-7:00 PMLocation: VideoconferenceWard 5 Meeting
- Time: Monday, 1:00-4:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCommittee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCity Council Videoconference Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.