Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- City of Akron Seeking Feedback on Pools10.01.2020Pool SurveyRead More >
- 2020 Leaf Removal09.29.2020City of Akron leaf removal will begin Monday, November 2 in Ward 5. Signs will be posted in wards prior to pick-up dates. We remind residents not to rake leaves into the street until the day before scheduled leaf pickup. Please see schedule for more information.Read More >
- 2020 Charter Amendments09.25.20202020 Charter AmendmentsRead More >
RESOLUTION NO. 263-2020 amends Council Rules to allow business to be conducted remotely through the end of 2020.
Please visit THE Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
NOTICE: Akron city council to suspend public attendance at council meetings in the interest of public safety.
Read the full notice here: COVID-19 Pandemic Notice
If you would like to submit a Public Comment to be read during the Public Comment Period of the Council meeting, please email your comment to email@example.com for your comment to be read aloud. If you prefer to record a voicemail comment, please dial 330-375-2566. Remarks are limited to three minutes. Any comments containing profanity or breach of decorum will not be transmitted during the Council meeting.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Thursday, 5:00-6:00 PMLocation: VideoconferenceSpecial Committee Working Groups (Reimagining Public Safety)
- Time: Saturday, 5:00-7:00 PMLocation: CitywideTrick or Treat
- Time: Monday, 1:00-4:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference in accordance with Sub. HB 197 and Resolution 263-2020. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCommittee Meetings
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.