Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- City of Akron to Host Two Informational Sessions regarding Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funding10.14.2021Informational SessionsRead More >
- Engaging the Public to Re-Imagine Public Safety in Akron09.27.2021Engaging the Public to Re-Imagine Public Safety in Akron-Virtual Focus Groups Summary ReportRead More >
- The City of Akron Honors Its Own Howard Hewett09.24.2021Press ReleaseRead More >
Please visit THE Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
PUBLIC COMMENT FORM (Those that wish to participate in the Public Comment Period should fill out a Public Comment Form, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on the date of the Council Meeting to receive information to join the meeting virtually for the purpose of providing public comment. If you do not have email access, you may submit your form to the council clerk's office)
The City of Akron is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are able to fully participate in public programs, services, and activities. Anyone who is in need of an accommodation from any City department is invited to contact Yamini Adkins, Director of Human Resources, 166 South High Street, Municipal Building, Suite 103, Akron, Ohio 44308, (voice) 330-375-2780 as soon as possible. If you require TDD phone service call Ohio Relay at 800-750-0750 and they will assist in contacting the Department of Human Resources at (330) 375-2780.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:00-4:00 PMLocation: VideoconferenceCommittee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: VideoconferenceCity Council Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, 6:00-7:00 PMLocation: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St, Akron, OH 44301Ward 7 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.