Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- 2021 Public Hearing Notices12.22.20202021 Public HearingsRead More >
- Akron City Council Reimagining Public Safety07.17.2020Reimagining Public SafetyRead More >
- Face Coverings Mandatory in the City of Akron07.14.2020At the July 13, 2020 Special Meeting, Akron City Council passed legislation making face coverings mandatory in the City of Akron. The signed legislation will be available on our website soon.Read More >
COUNCIL MEETINGS will be conducted remotely UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. There will be no physical access to the meetings. The council meetings may be accessed via livestream, available on this website.
Please visit THE Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
To ensure open access and opportunity for public engagement, Akron City Council has established a voicemail line where members of the public wishing to participate in the public comment period may leave a voice recording. The voicemail is accessible by dialing 330-375-2566. In accordance with longstanding Council Rules, speakers are provided three minutes to address Council. Remarks should be kept respectful and germane to Council business. Any remarks containing profanity or breaching decorum will not be transmitted during the public comment period. The previous public comment email is being retired at this time.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 12:30-4:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCommittee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 4:00-5:00 PMLocation: Videoconference2021 Capital Budget Review Session #2
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: Currently via videoconference. Meetings are Livestreamed on YouTube and can be accessed through this website. Please click "Watch City Council Meetings" in the top right cornerCity Council Videoconference Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.