Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Akron City Council Holds Last Meeting for 2019, Swearing in New Members11.07.2019New Members Will be Sworn in and Officers will be ElectedRead More >
- Frequently Asked Questions for Snow and Ice Control10.09.2019Access The City of Akron's Most Frequently Asked Questions for Snow and Ice ControlRead More >
- Akron City Council Invites Residents to Celebrate the Cuyahoga River Homecoming06.18.2019The Cuyahoga River Homecoming showcases 50 years of environmental progress.Read More >
Council has new members that started service as of January 1, 2020. As a result there are updates to the website that are in progress. Please check back for new information shortly.
New Rules passed for 2020 requires that anyone wishing to speak during public comments at Council Meetings needs to fill out and submit a form. The Public Comment Request Form can be downloaded HERE.
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Wednesday, 6:00-8:30 PMLocation: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St, Akron, OH 44301Ward 7 Meeting (February 2020)
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 PMLocation: Varies: Click "Read More" below for details.Ward 2 Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 PMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center - 1730 Shatto Ave, Akron, OH 44313Ward 8 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.