Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Billboards, Parking and Barking10.16.2018Use of City owned land to be used for a digital billboard, off-street residential parking requirements and the proposed change to the dog-barking ordinance.Read More >
- Mud Brook Headwaters Conservation Area Grant Application and Summit County Children Services Levy Resolutions10.02.2018Council supports the Summit County Child Services’ levy and the West Creek Conservancy’s Clean Ohio Greenspace grant application.Read More >
- Medical Marijuana, Ghent Road Parking and Dog Barking09.25.2018City Council authorized a medical marijuana dispensary and Signet Jewelers Inc.’s planned parking lot. The Safety Committee discussed giving the dog barking ordinance more teeth.Read More >
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:30-4:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Committee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308City Council Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 AMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center, 1730 Shatto Ave.Ward 8 "Coffee with the Councilwoman"
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.