Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- City Road Repairs and Possible Akron Municipal Election in May07.31.2018City Council passes road repair ordinances and discusses Possible Municipal Election in MayRead More >
- Possible Municipal Primary Election Date Change and the Romig Road Redevelopment Plan07.24.2018The municipal primary election may be changed from November to May, and plans to redevelop Romig Road will be approved.Read More >
- $8.5 Million Emergency Solutions Grant Program and May Municipal Primary Election07.10.2018$8.5 Million Emergency Solutions Grant Program and May Municipal Primary ElectionRead More >
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 7:00-8:30 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Special Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 AMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center, 1730 Shatto Ave.Ward 8 "Coffee with the Councilwoman"
- Time: Thursday, 6:00-7:30 PMLocation: Robert J. Otterman Ellet Community Center, 2449 Wedgewood Dr Akron, OH 44312Ward 6 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.