Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Akron Zoo Land Lease Renewal01.18.2019Council passed an ordinance allowing the City to lease land to the Akron Zoo.Read More >
- Old School Soul Band Submissions01.11.2019Submit the name of the old school soul band or performer you would like to see at Lock 3.Read More >
- Shin-Etsu Silicones of America, Inc. Land Option01.09.2019A $600,000 option for the sale of 41.85 acres of city-owned land to be purchased by Shin-Etsu Silicones of America, Inc..Read More >
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 AMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center, 1730 Shatto Ave.Ward 8 "Coffee with the Councilwoman"
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 PMLocation: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St, Akron, OH 44301Ward 7 Meeting (1)
- Time: Thursday, 6:00-7:30 PMLocation: Robert J. Otterman Ellet Community Center, 2449 Wedgewood Dr Akron, OH 44312Ward 6 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.