Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- City Council approved historic designation of 105 Fir Hill03.19.2019City Council supports the historic designation of the Martin University Center as a historic landmark.Read More >
- City Council approved funding for The Dru Joyce Classic03.13.2019City Council's support of The Dru Joyce Classic will inject millions of dollars into the local economy.Read More >
- City Council Honors Akron’s Own James Ingram03.05.2019City Council acknowledges and honors Mr. Ingram’s storied career by renaming parts of Fuller Street in the City of Akron to James Ingram Way.Read More >
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:00-4:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Committee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 3:15-4:15 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Special Meeting
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308City Council Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.