Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- City to Contract With Local Organizations to Mow and Maintain Lots02.13.2018City to hire local organizations to mow publicly-owned lots.Read More >
- Land Swap, Loan Guarantee for New Developments Approved02.06.2018Two Akron developments inch closer to reality.Read More >
- New West Side Housing Development Proposed; First People’s Day Passes01.30.2018New homes proposed for Akron, First People's Day resolution approved.Read More >
Winterfest at Lock 3 NOW Open
For the 14th consecutive winter, Akron is providing a season of outdoor fun and activities for residents and visitors of all ages starting at Lock 3's Winterfest. The holiday tradition is home to Ohio’s largest outdoor seasonal ice skating rink and the Polar Putt-Putt golf course. “Winterfest is a hallmark of the Akron holiday season,” said Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan. “I encourage everyone to visit Lock 3 and enjoy the ice rink, visit the popular Akron Children’s Museum, stroll past the vintage window displays on Main Street, or attend one of the many unique seasonal events like our Superhero and Princess weekend. There truly is something for everyone at Lock 3 during Winterfest.” The mayor and the Downtown Akron Partnership also encourage visitors to make the most of downtown Akron by having a meal or drinks at one of more than 30 downtown restaurants and bars before or after their visit to Lock 3. For a complete list of attractions, calendar and hours of operation visit lock3live.com. Winterfest runs through President's Day, Feb. 19.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 PMLocation: Patterson Park Community Center, 800 Patterson Ave, Akron, OH 44310Ward 2 Meeting
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-7:30 PMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center - 1730 Shatto Ave, Akron, OH 44313Ward 8 Meeting
- Time: Thursday, 6:00-7:30 PMLocation: Robert J. Otterman Ellet Community Center, 2449 Wedgewood Dr Akron, OH 44312Ward 6 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.