Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Akron City Council Invites Residents to Celebrate the Cuyahoga River Homecoming06.18.2019The Cuyahoga River Homecoming showcases 50 years of environmental progress.Read More >
- Access Akron City Council's Neighborhood Partnership Guidelines and Application Requirements06.11.2019City of Akron neighborhood groups and organizations compete for grant money for their ward.Read More >
- Akron City Council Holds Public Hearing for Kenmore/Garfield Community Learning Center05.22.2019Ordinance sought by Akron City Council authorizing conditional use for Kenmore/Garfield CLCRead More >
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Thursday, 6:00-7:30 PMLocation: North Hill Community HouseWard 5 Meeting (7)
- Time: Monday, 1:00-3:30 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Committee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 6:00-7:00 PMLocation: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St, Akron, OH 44301Ward 7 Meeting (1)
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.