Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Council Commits to Combat Homelessness09.18.2018City Council votes to express continued support to fight homelessness and also votes to not allow the Conditional Use request of a campground/tent community at 15 Broad Street.Read More >
- Campground Community Public Hearing, Medical Marijuana and Demolition of the Rubber Bowl09.11.2018Council decided to take additional time on the ordinances addressing a campground/tent community and a medical marijuana dispensary and passed an ordinance allowing the acceptance of a grant to demo the Rubber Bowl.Read More >
- City Road Repairs and Possible Akron Municipal Election in May07.31.2018City Council passes road repair ordinances and discusses Possible Municipal Election in MayRead More >
Please visit our new Akron City Council Agenda Online Portal for City Council agendas and legislation documents.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Tuesday, 6:30-7:45 PMLocation: Lawton Street Community Center, 1220 Lawton StreetWard 4 - Community Forum
- Time: Wednesday, 10:00-11:00 AMLocation: Northwest Family Recreation Center, 1730 Shatto Ave.Ward 8 "Coffee with the Councilwoman"
- Time: Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 PMLocation: Firestone Park Community Center, 1480 Girard St, Akron, OH 44301Ward 7 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.