Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- First Civil Rights Commission Wins Affirmation06.20.2017Council affirms seven members of the Civil Rights Commission plus video of Council meetings on Monday, June 19, 2017.Read More >
- Veronica Sims Weighs in on Gun Violence06.16.2017Veronica Sims talks about gun violence and its impact on the city and a multifaceted approach to curbing gun violence.Read More >
- Council to Consider Medical Marijuana Legislation06.13.2017Council to Consider Medical Marijuana LegislationRead More >
Public Hearings Scheduled June 26 for Medical Marijuana Proposals
Five businesses have asked council to consider conditional use zoning that would allow them to establish medical marijuana cultivation and processing sites within the city. Public hearings have been scheduled for June 26 in council chambers to accept input from citizens on the rezoning requests. The five possible cultivation and processing site locations include the south side of Harlem Road (Parcel Nos. 6852309 and 6857723); 1956 South Main Street; 1055 Home Avenue; 171 Kelly Avenue; and 1023/1025 South Broadway.
Aqueduct Street: Complete, Livable and Green
Aqueduct Street is one of the first streets in Akron that will be replaced with a "complete, livable and green street" design. Click here to download a flier that explains what constitutes a complete street and how they will save the city money and increase safety for walkers and cyclists.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:30-4:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Committee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308City Council Meeting
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: Council Chambers Public Hearings
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.