Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Ellet Residents Want Basketball Courts Closed05.23.2017Ellet Residents Want Basketball Courts ClosedRead More >
- Welcome to Our New Website!05.12.2017In this Commentary by Council President Marilyn Keith, she talks about council's new website and what else is on the horizon to make Akron City Council more accessible.Read More >
- Speeding on Council's Radar05.05.2017Council Representatives Marilyn Keith (W8), Donnie Kammer (W7) and Bob Hoch (W6) have been working behind the scenes to make speed enforcement in neighborhoods a priority for police and the administration.Read More >
Aqueduct Street: Complete, Livable and Green
Aqueduct Street is one of the first streets in Akron that will be replaced with a "complete, livable and green street" design. Click here to download a flier that explains what constitutes a complete street and how they will save the city money and increase safety for walkers and cyclists.
Speed Indicators Slow Traffic
Speed indicators and speed carts show drivers how fast they are going and the speed limit on that street. In practice, drivers tend to slow down when they see their speed flashing in their eyes. The carts also record data about speeding and traffic patterns to help police determine the best times to run radar. Residents can request speed indicators for their street, but the waiting list is long. To request a cart, contact Lt. Richard DeCatur in the traffic division at 330-375-2506 or RDecatur@akronohio.gov.
Also read how Marilyn Keith (W8), Donnie Kammer (W7) and Bob Hoch (W6) are out to curb speeding on residential streets.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308City Council Meeting
- Time: Tuesday, 6:30-7:30 PMLocation: Lawton Street Community Center, 1225 Lawton St, Akron, OH 44320Ward 4 Meeting
- Time: Tuesday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: Kenmore Senior Community Center, 880 Kenmore Blvd, Akron, OH 44314Ward 9 Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.