Welcome to Akron City Council
Visit this site often to stay up-to-date on Council activities and for information about legislation that affects you.Watch City Council Meetings
- News & Commentaries
- Council Paves Way for Growing Businesses to Expand12.05.2017Conditional use zoning requests granted.Read More >
- Body Shop Gets Council Approval to Expand11.28.2017All Around Body Shop growing.Read More >
- City Seeks Grant for New Business Incubator11.14.2017City seeks grant for new business incubator, sells city-owned building to successful startup Echogen.Read More >
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
Pursuant to Section 33 of the Akron City Charter and Rule 1.2 of the Rules of Procedure for the Akron City Council, all are hereby notified of a Special Council Meeting to be held on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 3:30 pm in Council Chambers. This meeting has been requested by Mayor Horrigan. Items to be discussed and deliberated:
1. ORDINANCE NO. __________-2017 authorizing the Mayor to enter into a telecommunications agreement and other related lease and assignment agreements, after publicly advertising for bids, to lease, license and/or assign cellular communications leases and rights of access on City-owned property to EIP Communications I, LLC, or its designee (“EIP”); finding said leases are not currently needed for any public use, and related findings; all in furtherance of the objectives of responsibly stabilizing the financial condition of the City of Akron and building cash reserves in order to support the effective functioning of the City in the event of an emergency; and declaring an emergency.
Winterfest at Lock 3 NOW Open
For the 14th consecutive winter, Akron is providing a season of outdoor fun and activities for residents and visitors of all ages starting at Lock 3's Winterfest. The holiday tradition is home to Ohio’s largest outdoor seasonal ice skating rink and the Polar Putt-Putt golf course. “Winterfest is a hallmark of the Akron holiday season,” said Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan. “I encourage everyone to visit Lock 3 and enjoy the ice rink, visit the popular Akron Children’s Museum, stroll past the vintage window displays on Main Street, or attend one of the many unique seasonal events like our Superhero and Princess weekend. There truly is something for everyone at Lock 3 during Winterfest.” The mayor and the Downtown Akron Partnership also encourage visitors to make the most of downtown Akron by having a meal or drinks at one of more than 30 downtown restaurants and bars before or after their visit to Lock 3. For a complete list of attractions, calendar and hours of operation visit lock3live.com. Winterfest runs through President's Day, Feb. 19.
Committees meet Monday afternoons in council chambers, 166 South High Street, 3rd floor. Council as a whole meets Mondays at 7 p.m.
- Time: Monday, 1:30-3:30 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308Committee Meetings
- Time: Monday, 3:30-4:30 PMLocation: Council Chambers, Municipal Building,166 South High StreetSpecial Meeting
- Time: Monday, 7:00-9:00 PMLocation: City Hall - 166 South High Street, Akron 44308City Council Meeting
Agendas are usually available mid-week. New legislation becomes available Monday mornings. Click on these buttons to download PDFs of the agenda and legislation.
Looking for Your Ward or Council person?
Click on the link below, then type your address into the box to see a map of your ward and to connect with your council representative.
For the fastest response to concerns about everything from potholes to tree trimming to snow or ice removal, click on the link below or call 311 within the City of Akron or 330-375-2311 from any other phone.