Ginger Baylor (D) was elected to office in November 2019 for a term beginning January 2020.
She previously served two terms on the Akron School Board. Ginger is a lifelong learner with a passion for community service and education. She has been elected three times to a public Citywide Office by the citizens of Akron.
Ginger was born and raised on the west side of Akron. She is a high school graduate of Akron Public Schools. Ginger is married to Gregory Baylor and resides in Akron. Together, they have six adult children who have graduated from Akron Public Schools with four going on to become college graduates.
Ginger Baylor currently holds a Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Phoenix, a BA in Business and Organizational Communications and Associates of Arts from the University of Akron. She is also a graduate of The Ohio School of Broadcast in Cleveland, Ohio.
Ms. Baylor formerly worked for U.S. Congress serving in the capacity of Community Outreach Director for Akron and Summit County for U.S Congresswoman Marcia L. Fudge.
Ginger is no stranger to public servanthood as she has and continues to offer her services to the citizens of Akron:
- Councilwoman at Large
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Incorporated member
- Organizing Committee member for Race & Infant Mortality Dialogue
- Opiate Task Force Committee member for the ADM Board
- Father Factor Committee Member
- Greenleaf Family Service Center- Board of Trustees
- State of Ohio Federal Relations Network liaison
- State of Ohio School Board Trustee
- Leadership Akron graduate
- President of Akron Kiwanis
- Akron Roundtable Board of Directors
- Akron School Board Chair of Finance and Capital Management Committee
- American Red Cross Board of Directors for Summit and Portage Counties
- University of Akron Steering Committee-Black Male Summit
- The House of the Lord Youth and Children Ministry Leader
She is currently serving on the Budget & Finance, Planning & Economic Development and Health & Social Services Committees.